Optimising promotional effectiveness in retail
To thrive in consumer retail, we need to be able to predict with precision how different promotions will perform in terms of volume and value - next month, next quarter, next year. Having Ebiquity's PlanIT available to all my team all of the time adds a super-reliable planning tool to our promotional armoury. It's like having a trusted adviser available 24/7/365.Helen Dargue Shopper Marketing Controller at Arla Foods UK
Case Study Highlights
- Implemented online promotional effectiveness product suite, PlanIT
- Tested multiple scenarios for promotions in minutes
- Forecasted at level of retailers and product SKUs
The dairy products market has been incredibly challenging in recent years. The costs of production and raw materials have been volatile, rising quickly from historic lows thanks to rapidly-increasing global demand. The uncertainty of Brexit has created extra pressure in the UK market.
This led Arla Foods - the market leader in branded dairy products in the UK, and a long-term customer of Ebiquity's Analytics practice - to seek out an agile, self-driven, software solution to help optimise promotional effectiveness in retail. Arla wanted to be able to understand the impact of multiple different promotional strategies on both volume and value.
- 1. Optimised both volume and value performance across product portfolio
- 2. Elevated promotional effectiveness to the board level
- 3. Mitigated market volatility and raw material cost increase
- 4. Outperformed both branded and private label market
Download Case Study
Get the full PDF which includes our approach and outcomes.