Improving the impact of advertising
By understanding the impact that our media spend has right across the purchase funnel for different models of our cars, we’ve been able to fine tune our media plans with precision. Econometric modelling is a powerful tool. It’s enabled us to do more of what works brilliantly, less of what we were already doing more than enough of, and to drop altogether what’s not relevant or impactful in our category or for our company.José Manuel Loscos Marketing Director at Mazda Spain
Case Study Highlights
- Conducted multi-channel analysis of sales drivers across total customer journey
- Assessed media spend, discounts, PR, competitor activity across lifecycle
- Identified impacts of specific media and channel choices on customer behaviour
Mazda Spain wanted to understand how its media spend was performing. As the decision to buy a car is long and complex, the analysis needed to show not just impact on sales, but impact all along the purchase funnel; from web visits to dealer/showroom visits, and on to final orders. By knowing what was working – and what was not – Mazda wanted to optimise media planning and buying.
- 1. Achieved continuous, sustained, two-year improvements in ROI
- 2. Leveraged halo effects of specific products across entire portfolio
- 3. Optimised media plans built on budget requirements and ROI
- 4. Rationalised digital budget to focus on highest-impact search
Download Case Study
Get the full PDF which includes our approach and outcomes.