Harnessing the impact of advertising
Ebiquity is a highly valued partner for our marketing team. By combining market leading data modelling with confident, articulate consulting, they have provided us with a deep understanding of the effects of our marketing investments. Their insights help to inform our marketing decisions at both macro campaign level and with more detailed channel investment, format selection, and testing of new opportunities.Sam Gaunt Head of Media at Lidl UK
Case Study Highlights
- Analysed impact of current / proposed media strategies on sales performance
- Allocated optimal budget to messaging channel mix to deliver best results
- Enhanced annual budgeting and planning process and cycle with partners
In the 20 years since its launch in the U.K., by 2014 Lidl commanded a 3.1% share of supermarket sales. During this period, its marketing strategy was dominated by short-term deals and offer marketing. The Media and Marketing teams wanted to understand how they could optimise their marketing investment to change perceptions of the brand and also grow more quickly, using the right messaging and the right creative executions in the right media channels.
- 1. Grew market share from 3.1% to 5.3% of U.K. retail in just four years
- 2. Established that almost a quarter of all incremental sales delivered directly by advertising
- 3. Delivered enhanced profit on return on marketing investment, peaking in 2017
- 4. Optimised marketing investment, with right messages delivered in the right channels
Download Case Study
Get the full PDF which includes our approach and outcomes.